Romans 10: 14-15

But how are they to call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!"

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Pictures...

Hey guys. Here are those pictures I promised....


Here is looking inside the volcano Pululahua, it´s the world´s only inhabited volcano crater


Me and Ronnie at the bottom (my roommie and fellow M)


Me in front of Pichincha... The volcano I would later conquer!


Top of Pichincha. Quito is in the distant background...


Me and my dad at the top of Pichincha...Did I mention this at 15,000 feet?!


Monument at Mitad Del Mundo...otherwise known as the center of the world. (This is right down the street from where I live!)



North Quito in the background. If you look really close you can make out the Catholic Bascilica (just above my right shoulder)


South Quito...



The gutless wonder I learned to drive stick in. (Its no hello kitty!) I had a pretty good teacher...(thanks dad!) Since most cars here are manual, i needed to learn to drive one... It was frustrating at times, but I think i got the hang of it...


My first bus ride... Headed to Quito! (For those that don´t know, for the next month I´m actually living in San Antonio. It´s about an hour or so bus ride into Quito)


This is at La Merced, during the leadership conference. It´s really weird having to use a translator!


This is Centro Historico (It´s in South Quito)

Well I hope you guys enjoy the pictures! You better they took forever to upload...I hope I don´t get mugged on the way home... pray for me! (Im joking...kinda)

8 comments:

Matthew said...

Pics are awesome! It is great to finally see your part of the world where Father is going to do amazing things over the next two years. Granted, He has already started with our new sibling in Him from your first post on-site! It is really good to hear that things are well for you and that Father is already using you in phenomenal ways! ~Teach

ginger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ginger said...

beautiful!

Sarah Dean said...

Matt. Miss you too! I'm so proud of you, and I absolutely LOVE the pics. Umm..San Antonio? I need details?

The Minstrel said...

Look at that man beast all chillin in Ecuador...lol

Matthew said...

I am so humbled by the notion that I would make your life complete such as 'Mini-me' completed Austin Powers! I am taking this in the best light possible considering I know that you could and would never be rude or cruel to a fellow brother or TEACHER!

If you are, then I will just have to go 'tai-chi' on you!
~Teach

Matthew said...

I humbly seek your forgiveness knowing the love that flows this way from Senor Baker! ~Teach

Anonymous said...

Nice man purse! Love it... do they have that in pink? If so you should consider getting that... lol
stay out of trouble. ~Marcella