Romans 10: 14-15

But how are they to call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!"

Monday, May 14, 2007

Greetings....From Quito

Hola mis amigos! I know it's been awhile since I've updated...my apologies. But I arrived safely in Quito last Friday May 4th. It worked out for me to arrive on the field the same week a team from my home church in az was doing a mission trip here in Quito. Among the 6 ppl that came down was my dad. So needless to say it was very cool to have familiar faces the first week here... kinda eased the transition a bit.
This past week was so crazy... constantly on the go from one place to another. Bc I dont want this entry to be super long (im so considerate!) i'll just touch on the highlights from week:

I met a few of the m's in the city last saturday... there are some really pasionate and genuine m's here.

On tuesday i hiked down Pululahua into the world's only inhabitated volcano (inside the crater). But conquering that puppy at 9,000 ft of elevation wasnt the most exciting part... I witnessed my first salvation experience! His name was Rolando, and he happend to be hiking down the same time as us. We found out he used to be a world class marathoner. Anyways, I had the privilige of seeing my dad lead him to Christ!

Friday morning I hiked up Pichincha (another volcano, but this one is 15,000 feet!) The view from the top was amazing... It took us 4 hours to get up and down. I've never been at that high of an altitude. I didn't think I could do it, but it's all about pace! (right dad?)

Friday night through Saturday night was the leaders conference in la merced. This was a huge success. The message that was brought was adapted from one Erwin Mcmanus did. I highly recomend it. I believe its titled break, shake, and illuminate. Truly Powerful. I hope to have some pictures up soon... hasta leugo!

2 comments:

Copeland's Coffee Break said...

Glad you're time with your dad and church was good. Sounds like you're getting to do some amazing sight-seeing too! I hope and pray the rest of your time there is as fruitful as this first week! Take care!

Sarah Dean said...

We definitely need pictures! I'm glad you are doing well friend. Miss you!