Romans 10: 14-15

But how are they to call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!"

Friday, February 8, 2008

almost...

a missed opportunity.

coming back from arizona for Christmas i had to fly to houston. From houston i flew 5 hours to quito. for some reason i wasn't that tired once the plane got in the air. (which i was really upset about bc i wanted the flight to go by fast). I was sitting in an aisle seat and there was a lady sitting in the same row by the window, with no one in between us. I usually don't talk to people on the planes... i like to sleep or just zone out and watch a movie.

So about an hour into the flight, i decided to get out my ipod (thanks gma) and my nintendo ds (thanks luke) and just waste time and try to get a few more stars on mario 64... i was getting a piece of gum out of my back pack, and i just felt something in me telling me that i needed to ask this lady, whom i haven't talked to yet, if she wanted a piece of gum. So i asked her if she wanted a piece of gum, expecting her to say yes or no, and then get back to my game and music.

well, little did i know but that little action of me asking her if she wanted some gum, opened her up and we talked for the rest of the flight. We talked for at least 3 hours or so about anything and everything. Her name was patricia and she was from colorado, but is now living in quito working with some sort of ngo type of company.

I was able to share with her the truth. We read the bible and talked about a lot of spiritual things. she had a lot of questions. it was a great conversation. i was able to tell her about what im doing here in ecuador, and my passion and my hope to reach the youth here for Christ.

Even though she didn't receive Christ, i knew it was a divine moment planned by God. I was able to plant the seed. It's funny.. i didn't even want to talk to her. i just wanted to sit there and zone out and pass the time with me ipod. And to think.. all it took was offering a total stranger a piece of gum. And to think..

it was almost a missed opportunity.

No comments: