Romans 10: 14-15

But how are they to call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!"

Friday, March 9, 2007

I'm New to this whole thing.....

Where to start? Well, like the title says, I am definitely new to this. If you can believe I have never had my own web page, I don't have a myspace account, or even facebook. Why you may ask? Well, I guess the answer is twofold. first, I'm one that tends to be a little reserve and quiet (unless you are of a select few that really know me!) so the thought of me spilling my guts so pretty much anyone can come stalk me doesn't quite appeal to me. Second, I've heard that myspace and facebook are very addicting, which wouldn't work well with me because I already spend too much time online! So this is definitely very foreign to me.....so bare with me.
I spent the last six months serving as interim youth pastor at my home church in Casa Grande, Arizona. That was definitely a God thing how that all came about ( I might get into that later in future posts!). That reminds me, my youth always gave me a hard time for not having a myspace page.....if they could only see me now!
I am currently in Rockville, Virginia for FPO, preparing to go to Quito, Ecuador as a Journeyman. I am very excited about what lies ahead for the next two years.
The purpose of this blog is to chronicle the work I will be doing for the next couple of years in Quito. I hope that through the highs and the lows that are sure to come, you all will be encouraged and blessed by what God is doing among the people in Quito, and also at what He will be revealing to me throughout this endeavor. I hope that you all will join me in prayer as I start this new and exciting chapter in my life. God Bless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go Matt!! I'll be praying for you!