Romans 10: 14-15

But how are they to call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!"

Monday, July 9, 2007

Futbol fotos... y mas!

This past weekend there was a sports day, with 10 Baptist churches here in Quito competing against each other in soccer, basketball, and ecuavolley. My brother and I played soccer and basketball for Iglesia Bautista El Amor Construye (The Love He is Building Church..cool name huh?) There were about 300 youth there, so it was a wonderful opportunity for me meet lots of ppl. within my target focus group, as well as practice some Spanish.

Here are a few pics from the sports day as well as some from earlier in the week in central quito...the first few are from centro historico. my brother and I went to a part that is reffered to as "soccer jersey row." there are about 40-50 stores all selling practically the same stuff..


this is a sign to a soccer store in centro historico..cool name if you ask me..


not sure what this plaza is called...but it looks cool.




we actually saw a robbber running down this road being chased by the police..


this is in south quito at the youth sports day. if you look closely you can make out my little bro...


ok, so this one here confused my brother and I. This is right at the beginning of the day, and we think we are about to play soccer, then all the sudden these girls come out of no where all dressed up, and a beauty pagant breaks out! really random...maybe this is normal before soccer games here..


i taught him everything he knows...


apparently ppl here at agm think we look like twins, and a few couldnt believe i was the jman and luke was the younger brother..even with my name tag! i actually don't know why i just revealed that.


Champs! we may have lost in soccer, but we won the bball tournament..this is the youth group from el amor construye. their pastor is in the middle with the yellow hat..


this is my dog sugar...its a fact, she's the best dog in the world! (thx ginger!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can't believe you posted that...!!!
:)

Anonymous said...

hey!! it sounds like you had a great time. i wish i could've been there it would have been awesome to be able to participate in that. a lot of the ppl in the el amor construye youth group pic look familiar. i miss it. i'm still praying!! :o)

Will You Forgive Me? said...

Dude, way to go! It's good to hear you're meeting lots of people. I hope the language is going well too. Pey-Pey and I just got wired up, so we'll be checking in more often now.

P.S. I wish you were here, our team leader could use a good schooling at b-ball.

Laboring right with you,
DR

Julianne said...

Your pics are great! They brought back some good memories...although, I never saw a beauty pageant break out before a soccer game. Random! :)

And that's really cool your bro got to come hang with you. People always think my sis and I are twins as well...or that she's older. I'm feeling ya, bro.

Keep up the good work! God bless!