Romans 10: 14-15

But how are they to call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!"

Monday, June 11, 2007

matame por favor....

hey all... I learned this cool little phrase today while waiting hours upon hours at the Ecuadorian Immagration Building. As of today, I am an official resident of Ecuador! Ronnie and I both got our "censos" today... not really sure what that means, but its pretty much an id card. I've come to realize today that when it comes to taking pictures for an important document/id/etc. i am no bueno! On the way to the immigration place, ronnie and I were laughing at my passport picture i took when i was about 17...I really wish I could change it but oh well, gives it character.. Im really not trying to sound this vain.... ha! Anyways.. i say this bc today when i took my censo picture it was another classic one. Im wearing my north face back pack (thanks dad) my hair is looking crazy from wearing a hat all day long, and right as he takes the picture, for some reason I blink and turn away at the same time... its a really funny picture.. just imagine and laugh with me..
As you can probably tell, im really tired.. and sick.. I've been working with teams the last two weeks, and this past week i started language school. Something is going around here, as it seems like a lot of the m's are getting sick.
I promise i will post again soon, with pictures from the last two weeks with the teams.. as well as some other random pics!
Oh ya... most importantly. The last two weeks, the teams were involved in street evan. and they did carnivals in the afternoons. The unofficial numbers from the past two week are insane... upwards of 450 sal. and about 40 potential new works... God is good, amen? Hasta.

(Congrads mi amigo mejor juan y his lovely new bride... wish i could have been there.. love you guys..i promise the video is coming..)

4 comments:

Matthew said...

Congrats on being a Legal Alien in the country of Equador! I know that this fulfills one of your life's goals, so good job! Kidding!

It is awesome to hear about what Father is doing there in your area through your vol. groups. We are actually in between groups right now, and Father is beginnning to do many mighty things here. Excited about the pics to come.

~Teach

ginger said...

i miss you!
i have some pics from the wedding for you :)

Anonymous said...

hey! i sent you an e-mail but i don't know if you got it!! how is language goin? oh and are you complaining about our groups?! i'm just kiddin!! i've been tired too!! i don't have my own e-mail but the one i use is sylvester@crockettnet.com!! i know it's a weird address but oh well!! can't wait to hear from you!! bye!!

Kayla McCanless

The Minstrel said...

Congrats on the GQ picture you got going on in your censo my friend...Good luck with language school...venga...hasta luego chaval!