Romans 10: 14-15

But how are they to call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!"

Sunday, April 13, 2008

a real post.

so lately a few ppl have been giving me a hard time because "all" i do is just upload videos.. so this post is dedicated to mi novia and ronnie.. i think ronnie is just a hater because he doesn't take the time to actually update his own blog. i helped him set up a blog a couple months ago, and guess how many posts he's done. yup just one!

anyways.. i just thought i'd post a lot of random stuff. just whatever comes to mind. right now i am at the clifton's house (fellow m's). i often go to church with them and then just come back to their house to chill. they are both taking a nap. i'm sitting on their couch using their laptop, and watching the lakers put the smack down on the spurs. by they way, they've showed jack nicholson and one of his famous friends, and can i just say that ppl that wear sunglasses inside really bug me. i just don't get it. cualquier..

i've recently realized that i have spanish ADD... i've been here in ecuador for almost a year, so i feel i am getting a pretty good grasp on spanish. but for the life of me whenever i have to listen to someone speak in spanish, whether it is at church or just with someone, i cannot pay attention. my mind goes else where. i could be understanding 100% of what they are saying, but then i just get bored or something, and my mind just shuts off, and i starting thinking in english. i've yet to sit through an entire sermon in spanish and have been able to follow along for the entire time.

sometimes i have a hard time understanding ppl, whether it be bc of their accent, or how fast they are speaking, or just me being tired.. so then i'm forced to have to think really hard and translate word for word in my mind.. which really takes a lot of energy, so in these instances i usually just sit there (if im with someone like ronnie who is the main person being talked at) and look interested, and every now and then add a 'si' or a 'claro' or maybe an 'interesante.'

ok well i hope this satisfies ginger... back to the game now..

6 comments:

ginger said...

jerk.

ginger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julianne said...

Dude, I totally have it, too. So does Michelle...she actually falls asleep EVERY Sunday in church and is nodding off all over! We feel ya, brother.

Happy One Year!

April said...

Oh Mattie-Matt-Matt, how we miss you. I loved this post. Because A - it's NOT a video (not that I don't enjoy your, um, attempts at being Spielberg) and B - it told me what you were doing at that moment. It was a glimpse into the world of Ecuadorian Matt. I was glad to hear you may be coming home in November. The kids ask about you all the time. "Mom, did Matt send a note in your blog?" They spend a lot of time looking at the globe, trying to figure out how many "states" away you are. Derek was talking to my mom about you on the phone. She said you were away helping people find Jesus. I started to cry. I think Derek will be you some day. Away helping people find Jesus. Now I have to go because I am crying again. I love you and I am so proud of you! Thank you for reading my blog. It makes me happy knowing you are out there listening and praying for me to be less crazy. :)

And PS - I LOVE Ginger. She's great Matt. I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know her through her blog. She is so different from you, yet perfect for you at the same time. I totally approve. I know you are so relieved. Ha! Does she know what she's getting into? Does she know what a germaphobic neat freak you are?? And yes, I am totally aware she is "listening" to the personal conversation we are having here.

Matthew said...

Baker

Enjoyed the post! It is nice to actually read about your life also. Some of us at times don't have great internet; therefore, videos are a bit of a hassle at times.

Yet, I am grateful for your effort to update your blog often with pictures, videos, and words!

~Teach

ginger said...

ha...april, i do know what im getting into.....scary that im still here!